Windows Media Player and Itunes suck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiddler_the_Xth

Neither one will start up at all. I click on the shortcut and the cursor gets a hourglass for a half a second than goes back to the normal cursor. And when i try to play streaming video files in my web browser, it gives me the message, Can not create direct show player.
Ive updated direct X. And the problem doesnt exist when playing movies in flash. WTF?

Has it ever worked?

When was the last time it worked?

Did you recently install any hardware or software?"

Do you have virus protection and if so have you run it and detected any viruses?

Do you have any Adware protection?

Maybe your registry is corrupt. Have you tried to restore it using your OS CD?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled WMP and ITUNES?

Have you done a "System Restore" if it was actually working before?

Have you rebooted your computer lately?

What OS?

What browser?

Computer specs?

ooh boy, lets get started.

Yes they have worked.

itunes worked after a quick reboot, but WMp hasnt worked for the past month or so.

Nothing installed in the time frame WMP stated bugging out. Only a new 5.1 speaker system

Yes, i have virus protection. It checks out clean.

Adware is clean.

Haven't restored with the OS CD

Reinstalled WMP. didnt do jack. Itunes works now.

Yes, system Restore didnt do anything

Yes, rebooted it and Itunes started working

WIndows XP (soon to be Linux: Ubutnu :)

FIrefox

AMD FX-53, NVidia 6800 OC, 2 GB RAM, SoundBlaster LIVE! sound card, 800 Gigs of hard drive space.

well i still cannot watch the videos i want, because it still gives the message: cannot direct showplayer
how can i overcome this problem, i really desperately want to see those videos, please help me

Is there a way to uninstall Direct X completely before reinstalling?
Maybe adding the program to its previous copy is making it short-circuit?
Anyway, Im out of town in Korea for the moment so I wont be able to get back to my beloved Sheila for another 2 weeks.
But Korea. damn. THey were selling a Logitech X-550 5.1 speaker system for 25 bucks. I got mine for 80.
and the 30" displays. Pristine Condition, extremely high rez. They really dont want to give a price unless your ready to bargain. So Ill find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back