Windows Media Player Beta Series 9 available for download

By Arris
Sep 9, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windows Media Player Beta Series 9 available for download - Anyone using this yet?

As per the Techspot front page news
    When I installed this I was presented the option of "Acquire licenses automatically for protected content". Hmmm...

Also in the release notes some issues with Roxio burning software are mentioned. Just thought I would mention incase anyone doesn't bother read the release notes before installing.
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

I've had it on one of my machines for a few days now since I found it mentioned at www.windowsxp.nu . Its fairly slick.

Your mention of the problems with Roxio is certainly fair and these kinds of problems between Media Player and Roxio began some time ago. I think that not installing the CD writing plug-in (do a custom install of Media Player) should probably work.
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I downloaded this yestarday actually without seeing this thread. I like it so far, has some neat features. I plan on making it my default audio and video player from now on, unless of course it starts having some serious problems.
  4. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,327

Yeah pretty neat alright, though digital CD playback is broken it seems, after several minutes no sound can be heard. Moving the playback slider a little & it fixes it, wierd.
  5. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,534   +92

I found that pausing the playback and then unpausing didn't work. Had to move the slider back a little to resume playback...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.