Windows Media Player Beta Series 9 available for download

By Arris
Sep 9, 2002
  1. Windows Media Player Beta Series 9 available for download - Anyone using this yet?

As per the Techspot front page news
    When I installed this I was presented the option of "Acquire licenses automatically for protected content". Hmmm...

Also in the release notes some issues with Roxio burning software are mentioned. Just thought I would mention incase anyone doesn't bother read the release notes before installing.
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

I've had it on one of my machines for a few days now since I found it mentioned at . Its fairly slick.

Your mention of the problems with Roxio is certainly fair and these kinds of problems between Media Player and Roxio began some time ago. I think that not installing the CD writing plug-in (do a custom install of Media Player) should probably work.
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I downloaded this yestarday actually without seeing this thread. I like it so far, has some neat features. I plan on making it my default audio and video player from now on, unless of course it starts having some serious problems.
  4. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

Yeah pretty neat alright, though digital CD playback is broken it seems, after several minutes no sound can be heard. Moving the playback slider a little & it fixes it, wierd.
  5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,587   +278

I found that pausing the playback and then unpausing didn't work. Had to move the slider back a little to resume playback...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.