Windows Media Player Beta Series 9 available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

Windows Media Player Beta Series 9 available for download - Anyone using this yet?

As per the Techspot front page news
Automatically fix album information in your MP3 and WMA collection with Auto Info
Auto Info can automatically fix or add album details (tags) to your MP3 and WMA files such as artist or album name, year, composer, or track number.

New Advanced Tag Editor
View and edit over 35 different types of media information including mood, comments, artist photos, synchronized lyrics, and much more.

When I installed this I was presented the option of "Acquire licenses automatically for protected content". Hmmm...

Also in the release notes some issues with Roxio burning software are mentioned. Just thought I would mention incase anyone doesn't bother read the release notes before installing.

I've had it on one of my machines for a few days now since I found it mentioned at www.windowsxp.nu . Its fairly slick.

Your mention of the problems with Roxio is certainly fair and these kinds of problems between Media Player and Roxio began some time ago. I think that not installing the CD writing plug-in (do a custom install of Media Player) should probably work.

I downloaded this yestarday actually without seeing this thread. I like it so far, has some neat features. I plan on making it my default audio and video player from now on, unless of course it starts having some serious problems.

Yeah pretty neat alright, though digital CD playback is broken it seems, after several minutes no sound can be heard. Moving the playback slider a little & it fixes it, wierd.

Originally posted by TS | Thomas
Yeah pretty neat alright, though digital CD playback is broken it seems, after several minutes no sound can be heard. Moving the playback slider a little & it fixes it, wierd.

I found that pausing the playback and then unpausing didn't work. Had to move the slider back a little to resume playback...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back