Windows Message re DLL's

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilH

Hi

After I have logged into my user account in XP Media Centre I recieve a message on the screen reading;

The system DLL user 32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured because the DLL C:\windows\system32\HHCTRL.ocx occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLL's. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL

Any chance anyone can explain this more clearly and possibly advise me what action I should take next.

I have used run - sfc /scannow and after so long it tell's me to insert XP pro disk 2 now. No idea if this is related. My PC appears to run fine, I just dont want any incidents to occur later on.

Thanks. All help is appriciated.

One more part to Error

I got the same message. The Heading above this error says the following:

RTHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation

I tryed system restore to an earlier date. Didn't work.

Thanks for that info. I've been onto the site and downloaded the patch. Seems to have been a common issue. Wonder if it was anything to do with the updates that came out Tuesday.

Someone obviously failed to find the two other threads on the subject in these forums, already containing the link to the fix..

Use the search feature or your own eyes people! The other DLL relocation thread is like two inces below this one!

I posted the link at 3:57 AM and the other link to the problem in the other post was posted at 6:37 am. So I couldn't find something that wasn't posted yet. So lets take a breath and just deal with doing the best we can. If someone misses something just have patience with it all. Explain respectfully.

Having just looked at the other post, it was posted Thursday 6 April. I posted my message Wednesday 5 April.

I understand that we should look for the posts, however it wasnt there as I posted mine a day before. I think the other person should be noted to check for posts as well.

No disrespect meant, but I think we jumped in too fast there.

I am talking about that thread. Aqua49.....4-5 2007 3:57 AM Link posted
....................................... Nodsu ......4-5 2007 6:33 AM Link posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back