Windows, not getting past loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

HughJass

hey all,

heres the problem:
when windows loads it gets to the windows startup screen (with the little bar that goes accross the screen), it jsut sits there for ever and the little bar keeps going accross over and over again,

what i have tried:
wen i press restart it gives me the followin options,
safe mode
safe mode with command prompt
safe mode with networking
last settings that worked best
normal startup

if i press normal startup it does the same thing
if i press last settings it does the same thing
if i press safe mode (all of them) it loads up windows in safe mode, so i did that i ran AVG, Spybot, Adaware, nothing major came out, then if i restart it, it has the same problem with nothing changed

however, in safe mode, when it logs in it asks if i want to run system restore, when ever i choose yes, it works, however once the system has been properly restored then it stuffs up again as soon as i restart it.

specs:
windows XP home
celeron 2.6 @ 3.0
XV GF 6200 agp 256mb
768mb ram
80gb
40gb

PLS HELP, i dont want to have to reformat

Hugh Jass - LOL, I guess you are a Simpsons fan...

If U can go to safe mode, open "My Computer", right click on the "C:" drive, Properties, Tools, Error Checking {tick the 2 boxes}, then reboot, it will sort out any errors.

That generally helps if you've had a bad shutdown or whatever, but I'd recommend running the approriate HDD Diagnostic https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

Merry Xmas

Steve

Did windows hang up or freeze during the install? I found out that there was a PCI device or something connected to another computer of mine that during the "Installing Devices" portion of setup it would freeze. Removing all other devices from the computer resolved my issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back