Windows not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me! I have XP home and today its not loading. It goes through until the black screen with the loading bar then stops and reboots itself fromthe point where you'd restart, Sometimes the blue 'checking file system on C'page comes up, i've tried skipping it and also letting it run throught he checks - both options have the same result - straight back to the initial load page. Then the 'we apologise for inconvenince' black page comes up with the 4 options to either go with Safe mode, networking, command or last settings, i've tried all these and none works, in fact what happens is a long list appears with various windows locations stated eg
multi(0)disc(0)rdisc(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\uagp35.sys , i can't exit this page at all with unplugging my computer.

I've also tried rebooting from the windows XP disc, no joy here either.

any ideas? I'm not as computer savvy as most of you so will need very basic and clear instructions if anyone is kind enough to help!

Nicola

Boot from your Windows Xp CD
Choose the first R prompt (for the Recovery console)
Select the number 1, to log into Administrator account (ie Press 1 when prompted)
Press Enter to continue (so far it is --> R 1 Enter)
Usually the Admin account does not have a password

At last on the Recovery Screen prompt, type:
chkdsk c:/f (Note: try chkdsk c:/r if it doesn't work)
Then press Enter
Allow Checkdisk to finish
Remove the Xp CD
Then type EXIT and restart

Did it work?

Boot from your Windows Xp CD
Choose the first R prompt (for the Recovery console)
Select the number 1, to log into Administrator account (ie Press 1 when prompted)
Press Enter to continue (so far it is --> R 1 Enter)
Usually the Admin account does not have a password

At last on the Recovery Screen prompt, type:
chkdsk c:/f (Note: try chkdsk c:/r if it doesn't work)
Then press Enter
Allow Checkdisk to finish
Remove the Xp CD
Then type EXIT and restart

Did it work?

Hi, i'd got into the recovery module before but it WAS prompting me for a pasword, i don't remember ever setting one, what shall I do?

ooh dear now another page is up, auto-detecting the various drives and at the bottom it says 3rd master hard disk - SMART has a bad status, backup and replace. is this end of my computer?

Damn! The HardDrive (just the internal HardDrive) is faulty

You will need to purchase a new internal HardDrive
Then have Windows re-installed

You may need to remove the internal HardDrive
Plug it into another computer as a secondary drive
And back up there
Probably best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back