windows not running on laptop, boot not working

By bxkeepinitreal2
Jun 7, 2006
  1. the specs of my laptop are at:
    i jus have a question, i recetly bought a laptop from my friedn, but he did not give my any of the original cds. the laptop will not boot from a new windows xp professional cd because i belive it didnt have professional, but rather the originla xp version, blue scren pops up saying that windows cannot copy file sor find the, so what would u suggest i do?any help would be appreciated
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

To keep it legal, the best thing you can do is get the original cd's.
  3. bxkeepinitreal2

bxkeepinitreal2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i understand but ther eis no way of me gettin those cd's, so what would u suggets i do, thank you for ur reply
  4. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

what is the laptop's model and make?

have you looked to see if there is any recovery partitions or anything like that when you boot up - it may tell you to press a certain key to access it
  5. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

Get yourself a Windows XP cd. Start the computer, enter the Bios. Make sure it is set to boot from CD drive first, IDE 0 or Hard drive second. Put the CD in the cd drive restart the computer. Follow the instrucions to format the drive and install Windows.....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.