Windows occasionally refuses to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

I started having this problem after reinstalling XP several days ago. I would get this message before booting into Windows: Windows could not start becauwse of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disc. Check boot path and disk hardware. Refer to windows and hardware manuals or something like that. I have to hit the reset button to try again and after that it boots fine. This only happened 2 times, but i am concerned, i ran checks on the main hard disk using chkdsk and WD Data lifeguard tool but found no errors. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Run Windows boot once more from the R or Repair mode. That will usually straighten things out.

ok, i'll start with CCleaner and minidumps, see if that helps.

Edit: By the way, i forgot to mention that during the Windows install the Windows Installer told me to create a separate 8 MB partition on my 2nd hard drive to store some windows files. I did this this because there was no way around it and now i have another hard drive on my pc, local disk I: in addition to C: and D:. There are files on this newly created disk but i cannot see them. I wonder why windows made me create this partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back