windows password

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogsy

Ok heres my problem ,My friends accountant died and all his business info is on the accountants computer with permission from the accountants spouse my friend needs to access his computer .but here in lies the problem at hand ,The computer when booted asks for a password ,Is the a way around this problem ? Should he press F8 and boot into safe mode or is the another way around the windows password ?

Its not that annoying framework user account log on thing ...

You could go in via Windows Explorer and Expand the C drive until you see his username then all his stuff maybe there unless he made the files private as that can hide his stuff.

Thanks dazzer but We cant even get the machine to "logon" its asking for the password before windows starts up ... If I could get into the machine then there wouldnt be a problem =;o)

yes, boot up in safe mode, and then click on the "administator" account when the welcome screen comes up, then:

Start-Control Panel-User Accounts-click on his name-change his password, if he remembers his old password. If you created a Pssword rescue disk, it will also unlock it.

...AMD

cogsy said:
Thanks dazzer but We cant even get the machine to "logon" its asking for the password before windows starts up ... If I could get into the machine then there wouldnt be a problem =;o)

Ooops sorry I thought you meant there was two accounts, silly me :eek:

is it a bios log on
if pc machine open it up and reset the jumper
if laptop
you have to go to the manufactor for fix
if just xp os logon theres linux boot disc to erase sam files do search
now if there are encrypted files you will never get them back once you mess with admin id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back