Windows restarting all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all 1st post my pc keeps restarting all the time ive run avg,spy bot and they have not found anything so put up report i keep gettin hope someone can help me thanks sean

Product
Windows Explorer

Problem
Stopped working

Date
06/01/2008 08:39

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
Fault Module Name: StackHash_66eb
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000af1c9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 66eb
Additional Information 2: d599c7ad827db76dd5a39cf79ff1976a
Additional Information 3: e312
Additional Information 4: 9a4c1494f55529d6f0241b1be0edba9b

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 529417662

Through control panel go to administrative tools -> Event viewer -> pull up and post the event that way with the Event ID and source

In a lot of cases, these errors are caused by 3rd party shell extensions that are not functioning properly. (when you right click your desktop you will see things in the right click menu such as 'scan with AVG' or 'Winzip') Free ShelExView Utility download and run it. Sort the rows so that all of the microsoft extensions are together and all the 3rd party extensions are together. Disable all of the 3rd party extensions. Try opening windows explorer and see if it works, if it does then you can start enabling the extensions one at a time each time testing explorer. If it stops working you know which extension was causing the crashes. If disabling all 3rd party extensions doesn't fix this ->

Try running HouseCall to see if it turns up any malware. If it doesn't ->

Click on the paper clip above to attach a file then navigate to C:\windows\minidump\minidump.dmp and attach it here so that somebody can debug it for you. I have 26 error messages and the related KB article saved so there are a lot of different causes all dependent on what operating system you have so... What OS do you have?

thanks for the help Blind Dragon but i sorted it was a file that i could not delete i used pocket killbox and that delete the file and it stopped restarting happy days

sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back