TechSpot

Windows Security

By Mekaonija
Jun 2, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have AVG Internet security installed and running, and the security center has stopped detecting that I have virus protection installed. Its always detected it before but it stopped after I ran Diskeeper http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/home/premier.asp and restarted the computer. How can I get it to detect it again and leave me alone xD

Also since I ran Diskeeper when I boot up ATIs control catalyst usually opens up minimized in the notification area, but now I'm getting an error message reading " You do not have permission to change catalyst control center settings. please contact your admin for further help" I'm going to uninstall catalyst and see if that works.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Your HJT log is clean.

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall AVG and the ATI control centre. Let us know if if it helps.

Regards Howard :)

3. Mekaonija

Mekaonija TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 129

Yeah sorry, forgot to come back here and tell you its fixed now xD
    The catalyst worked after reinstalling, and windows security picked up AVG after awhile. thanks though xD

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.