Windows Server 2003 does not detect flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a problem that my system in which i have just installed windows server 2003 in office does not detect the usb drive. It seems that the usb controller is properly installed since its entry under Universal Serial Bus Controllers node under Device Manager is seen which is "Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24 CD". But when i plug my flash drive to the usb the system does not detect it. Please note that it's working properly on the same system on another hdd in which Windows XP is installed. Please help.

thankyou,

Babur

you may need drivers for the device or you may need to assign the drive a letter under disc management.

Thankyou for the reply.
I am not on that machine at the moment but I believe that there's no unassigned drive specified in Disk Manager for the flash drive. I had checked it before initiating this thread. I learnt from somewhere on the net that OS locks the drives above certain drive letters. If its true then how come can i get to know about the flash drive is locked and how it could be unlocked?

Babur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back