Windows setup says no HDD. Everything else says yes. Im confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wotrop

Recently I caught a bug that ate explorer and a few other things. So I had time and i decided to start from scratch. After I formatted I inserted my Windows XP pro CD. Same thing as usual for a wile. Just before The setup initializes, it says I hve no HDD. This is retarded because suse 9.3, win 98 (sorta) norton ghost and patition magic all know its there. Win 98 is just stupid on my computer.

I have:/Athlon 64 3200+ (winchester) with 3% ai overclock.
asus a8v-e deluxe motherboard.
512 megs of kingston ram
6200 tc video card
and a seagate 160 gig sata HDD :monkey:

Thanx :)

When Setup asks for any SCSI drivers, and press F6 if yes, you need to hit F6 and insert the floppy disk with SATA-drivers. Off you go...

i never ever needed to do that befor. I must have done this procedure a million times on this computer. This is just the first time it did this. And I dont have any drivers for my HDD. As far as i know it was never included in my purchase.

thats weird?? everytime I have gone over issues here bout sata's they all need 3rd party drivers on OS install
this is not one of those infamous tiny computers?
anything new with a bios setup??

I recently Updated my bios for my motherboard. So that I wouldnt need to remember to do it before I upgraded to a duel core. I still diddnt buy a new CPU yet but o well. I doubt thats the problem tho because i updated to a higher version.

after all bios updates go into bios and reset to optimum defaults.
you would think an upgrade is setup to do this ,but it does not always.
if you are running sata raid controller reset it also
then config everything the way you like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back