Windows Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, im new to this so any help would be great

Today i was using my computer and it randomly shut off (it has been for the past weeks but nothing went wrong), today it shut off and it goes to the loading xp screen but then shuts off... i tried pushing f8 and select do not restart on system failure, after the loading screen, it said: Windows has been shut down to protect your computer

Stop: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF8BB5814, 0xF8BB5510, 0xF86161FC)

I have tried everything on the f8 menu from start in safe mode to last known good configuration and nothing has happened.. when i boot from my windows xp disk to reformat, i get the same error.. It isnt allowing me to do anything.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks and Regards

Kaan Blofield

0x24 This issue can occur if a problem occurred within the Ntfs.sys file. The Ntfs.sys file is the driver file that enables your computer to read and write to NTFS partitions. Damage in the NTFS file system, damaged portions of your hard disk, or damaged SCSI or IDE drivers can also cause this issue.

To resolve this issue: 1. Interpret the error message. The stop error is followed by four parameters defined in order of appearance:

• Source file and line number.
• Optionally contains the address of the exception record.
• Optionally contains the address of the context record.
• Optionally contains the address where the original exception occurred.
All stop errors due to problems with NTFS or FAT have encoded in their first parameter the source file and the line number within the source file that generated the stop error. The high 16 bits (the first four hexadecimal digits after 0x) identify the source file number, and the lower 16 bits (the last four hexadecimal digits of the parameter) identify the source line in the file where the stop occurred.
2. Check Event Viewer for error messages from SCSI, FASTFAT (the System Log), or Autochk (the Application Log) that might help determine the device or driver that is causing the error.
3. Try disabling any virus scanning programs, backup programs, or disk defragmenter tools that constantly monitor your computer, and if possible, run hardware diagnostics tools supplied by your computer manufacturer.
4. Run chkdsk /r to detect and resolve any file system structural damage.
5. Depletion of non-paged pool memory can cause this issue. If you create a Services for Macintosh (SFM) volume on a large partition (7 gigabytes or larger) with a large number of files (at least 100,000) while the AppleTalk driver Apf.sys is running, the indexing routine consumes a large amount of non-paged pool memory. If the non-paged pool memory is completely depleted, this error can cause your computer to stop responding (hang). However, if the amount of available non-paged pool memory is very low during the indexing process, another kernel-mode driver requiring non-paged pool memory can also cause this issue. To resolve this issue, increase the amount of installed RAM to increase the quantity of non-paged pool memory available to the kernel, or reduce the number of files on the SFM volume.
Any corrupted system or data volume that is using NTFS can cause this error message. If you receive a "stop 0x24" error message when you restart the computer or when you try to run Setup or Recovery Console, you may not be able to determine the cause of the problem by using the steps outlined above. Instead, use one of the following methods to resolve the corrupted NTFS volume.
more info go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228888

u can also if u can upload 5 to 7 minidump from c:windows\minidump

Kannbl,

Is there a chance it's heating up? Does it do this all time, or only after it's been on for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back