Windows slow down. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ie slowed down to just shy of a complete halt. Most virus and spyware programs say I'm clean. Will someone please look over my HJT. I would really appreciate it. Thanks! Oh and by the way hello everyone.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    4.5 KB · Views: 5
Your log shows clean.
Given the small number of running processes this has to be related to your internet access.
Depending on how you connect, check the data rate.

Thats funny my laptop that shares the connection runs just fine. I started having a problem with monitor not turning on but staying in standby. I fixed that problem by uninstalling avast and mcaffee. Now all i have is this super slow ie and firefox moves just as slow.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You`re running HJT from the wrong location and have not renamed the HijackThis.exe file. See HERE.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Sorry I had the rare opportunity to get 8+ hours of sleep. Here is a new HJT log from the proper location. Thanks for your help guys.

" I fixed that problem by uninstalling avast and mcaffee." Scary! Did you reinstall them or some other security?

Subject to Howard agreeing with me, that log is also clean. There is one item O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE which showed a query in both logs but should be OK as it relates to your Realtek AC97 sound card. I am assuming that crusty.exe is your rename for hjt?

Thanks guys!!! I'm going to reformat and reinstall windows. I cant figure out the browser slow down. Bobbye I installed AVG's products. Mcaffe and avast dont like each other for some reason. Thanks again, your service is really appreciated!

Your HJT log is clean.

However, you should have HJT fix this entry.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

Then delete this file.

C;\windows\ALCMTR.EXE<This is not particularly nasty, but it does phone home a lot and is a waste of resources.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bobcat50 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back