Windows Sounds Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

katy24

well here's a new one for me......suddenly a bunch of sound files are gone missing. My instant messenger can't find any of it's sounds. Windows activities only have a sound file listed for startup. all the others are gone. I have NOT messed with these files since my computer was worked on and restored by radio shack. Can someone tell me how to get them back....or can I go download new ones somewhere. I am not going through all the restore business again! I did go and enable some more of the desktop themes and it seemed to put the sounds for the newly added ones on. all others are gone?
do things EVER get all together at the same time????? LOL
katy

unless the guys who worked on it last made the changes, you could ery well have a virus or some other malicious software. if your antivirus protection is out of date or nonexistent, i advise downloading avg free edition and running it. www.grisoft.com

I have the virus program...it's up to date and running. no viruses. I reinstalled msn and got those sounds back. haven't had time to work on the windows ones yet? I went to add/remove and installed other desktop themes and got some sounds....but the themes that were already enabled have lost theirs?
If this is the worst that happens I am lucky.....just confused as to how it got that way
thanks
katy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back