Windows update and ntkrnlmp.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if anyone has experienced problems with running Windows Update lately, but when it gets to the part where it installs software; my box restarts... with the dump files pointing towards a bugcheck error in ntkrnlmp.exe.

After the first couple restarts it seemed to give an additional error (after booting up of course) with the SERVICES.EXE warning of a restart within 60 seconds.

I've just scanned for errors in my disks, have no "bad" programs running, and have perfectly good memory without ANY errors.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Should I post some dumps or eventlog events? Thanks in advance, if anyone can share some information

Kb922582

Recently a lot of XP users encounter BSOD during auto update. If your windows is crashed during auto-update, the problem may be related to Microsoft KB922582. Search google KB922582 and BSOD and you will find a lot of hits.

cpc2004 said:
Recently a lot of XP users encounter BSOD during auto update. If your windows is crashed during auto-update, the problem may be related to Microsoft KB922582. Search google KB922582 and BSOD and you will find a lot of hits.

Thank you for the reply, cpc2004. I ran a search and found the Microsoft article ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/922582.mspx ) and it claims that the errror is limited to: 0x80070002

But when I check my dump file I get:

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, eeab7b7c, ebcb3a28, 0}

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 4

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!PspCreateThread+3a7

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 42250f77

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_nt!PspCreateThread+3a7

BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_nt!PspCreateThread+3a7

Is there another error related to windows update that pinpoints a bugcheck error instead and I'm just missing the article? Or are there any other suggestions? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back