Windows Update Error Software Update Incomplete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I go to windows up date I get this error message:
Software Update Incomplete

The Windows Update software did not update successfully. Below are some suggestions to help you proceed:
You may have clicked No when prompted to accept the Trust Certificate. To allow the Windows Update site software to install, click Yes when presented with the Security Warning dialog box.
Your Internet Explorer security settings may be set too high. To install the updated software and access Windows Update, Internet Explorer security must be set to medium or lower, and active scripting and the download and initialization of ActiveX controls must be enabled.

Note These are the default settings for Internet Explorer. For more information about Internet Explorer security and instructions on how to change your security settings, read Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q174360.

Were these suggestions helpful? Send us your feedback.

The knowledge base article just helped me make it worse.
Please SOMEONE HELP I DONT WANT TO PAY TO CALL MICROSOFT OR REFRAG BUT IF I HAVE TO I WILL SO PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME OUT I

Another problem I have is the about:blank taking over my homepage anything on that???

THANKS MUCH IN ADVANCE
*_O

This reply may be a little late but here goes...

Click START then RUN

type

regsvr32 wintrust.dll

press OK when prompted that it registered.

This should fix that problem.

i had the same problem and i di tried everything. finally i downloaded mozilla firefox and used that to navigate to the internet explorer page to download and reinstall internet explorer. behold my problems were solved. hope this works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back