Windows Update Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishST

I have Windows XP Home Edition and ever since ive had it *bout a year now) ive always had updates untill recently i noticed i wasnt getting anymore updates so i went to this site http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp checked for updates only to find that i had none at this time so i clicked on the View Installation History to find that my last update was on 11 February 2004 howcomes i aint had an update since then is it bodge dup or summit?

can anyone help cheers..

Ok, but i havnt even recieved any Windows XP Updates, Driver Updates and Critical Updaes and Service Packs...

Originally posted by EnglishST
Ok, but i havnt even recieved any Windows XP Updates, Driver Updates and Critical Updaes and Service Packs...

You should be fine do you have automatic update activated? It’s under your system properties tab. I have update set to notify me before it installs anything

Yeh i have this automatic update activated i used to get updates all the time but since my last update 11 February 2004 i have not recieved anymore.

Yeh i have this automatic update activated i used to get updates all the time but since my last update 11 February 2004 i have not recieved anymore.

I see that has a good thing :) but if auto update is set you should be notified about all critical updates & you can always run update from your start menu to check for other updates

Yeh i know i will be notified about all critical updates but my point is i aint had any updates for anything since the date i said so im getting worried..

Go to windows update site and run the scan, if there are none listed, then you are up to date.

This is the last update I'm showing and I do pretty well to keep my systems up to date.
Successful Thursday, February 12, 2004 Security Update for Windows XP (KB828028)

Yeh Cheers StormBringerand everyone else you have assured me that its all workin correctly as i was starting to think something was wrong, anyway the last update i got was:

Successful 11 February 2004 Security Update for Windows XP (KB828028)

Same as yours lol..

anyway cheers everyone much appreciated :)

Yeh Cheers StormBringerand everyone else you have assured me that its all workin correctly as i was starting to think something was wrong, anyway the last update i got was:

Same as yours lol..

anyway cheers everyone much appreciated :)

your welcome, I am glad we could help

Successful Thursday, March 18, 2004 Advanced Micro Devices processor software update released on December 17 2002. Web site
Successful Friday, March 05, 2004 Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
Read more... Web site
Successful Friday, March 05, 2004 814995: Recommended Update Web site
Successful Friday, March 05, 2004 Recommended Update for Windows XP SP1 (KB822603) Web site
Successful Friday, March 05, 2004 Critical Update for Windows (KB833407) Web site

At least for my system...

Ahh, but now I see that is when I installed them and not when they originally came out. Yes.. yes...

KB833407:
A critical update is available to remove unacceptable symbols from the Bookshelf Symbol 7 font that is included with Microsoft Office 2003. The Bookshelf Symbol 7 font is contained in the Bssym7.ttf file.

The rest are "recommended", not critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back