Ok, so I have a weird one for all of you. Got a laptop here, reloaded it with Windows Vista Home Premium, had SP1 & SP2 on a flash drive, installed them, perfect. Now I go to run windows update's and it has an error code (80072EDF) I have tried all of Microsofts fixes for this problem, and nothing works. I have also tried a few other suggestions that have fixed this problem for other people, such as stopping the Windows Update service, renaming the SoftwareDistribtion folder, then restarting the service to re-create the folder for default settings. I came across one post relating the error code to MSN Messenger and the .Net Passport. I was curious and tried to loggin to Hotmail.com and, suprise suprise, it wouldn't let me in. Since Microsoft and Windows Live Mail are both Microsoft based, I'm thinking this passport issue could be my problem. In the post, someone suggested to use MSN Messenger to do the trouble shooting tool and that should fix it, but it didn't, told me I had Key Port issues but it would not repair. Any idea on how this problem could be fixed? I have no firewalls installed, its a fresh install of Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell laptop, with SP2 on it. PS. There are no proxy settings on the laptop and the updates work on several other machines. UPDATE: Ok so I'm not too sure what I did, I went for lunch, came back, still wouldn't do the updates, so I restarted, pulled out the ethernet cord, connected by wireless, then it saw there were updates, so I plugged the ethernet back in and now their downloading. So I'm not to sure if just, unplugging the cord fixed it or what, but it seems to be working. Update 2: Ok so it seems to be an Ethernet problem. When the ethernet cord is plugged in, I can't connect to hotmail, but I can now update. But while on wireless, I can do anything.. Weird. I have turned off TCP/IP V6, still no luck.