Windows update page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running Windows 2000 Pro on a new machine.
Windows come installed.
When I go to the Windows update page, after checking for programs I get the message: Cannot Display Page

What can I do???

Thanks

SuperCheetah , may I ask how long ago you installed the OS and did you immediately go to the windows updates???

Well I was working on 2000 Pro at work and it has been installed there for over 6 months now. And yes, I tend to do all the critical updates right after I install so I can be as protected as possible. But, at my workplace none of the updates were installed, but I could get to the update page and start downloading. I don't have the authority to download and install the updates, since I'm a student worker so I just leave it like it is, although I believe they really need to update all the machines.

At home I have XP Corporate and I immediately downloaded and installed all the latest updates when I installed it a couple of months ago.

Its just that I have seen this a number of times at work; its the updated software that the web site requires to query the updatedness of your machine that just doesn't seem to get downloaded with XP installs I have made in the last 6 weeks or so.....

Still no fix for this problem, and I have only heard about it in posts here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back