Windows update page

By Shofar
Apr 2, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am running Windows 2000 Pro on a new machine.
    Windows come installed.
    When I go to the Windows update page, after checking for programs I get the message: Cannot Display Page

What can I do???

Thanks
  2. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah Newcomer, in training Posts: 868

I have the same OS here at work and the update page is working fine for me. Someone else had a similar post yesterday on this problem. Look here:

http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1034

I recommend trying it again a little later, Microsoft maybe be doing some upgrading to their update sites.

Make sure no antivirus software or firwall program is keeping you from accessing their site!
  3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

SuperCheetah , may I ask how long ago you installed the OS and did you immediately go to the windows updates???
  4. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah Newcomer, in training Posts: 868

Well I was working on 2000 Pro at work and it has been installed there for over 6 months now. And yes, I tend to do all the critical updates right after I install so I can be as protected as possible. But, at my workplace none of the updates were installed, but I could get to the update page and start downloading. I don't have the authority to download and install the updates, since I'm a student worker so I just leave it like it is, although I believe they really need to update all the machines.

At home I have XP Corporate and I immediately downloaded and installed all the latest updates when I installed it a couple of months ago.
  5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

Its just that I have seen this a number of times at work; its the updated software that the web site requires to query the updatedness of your machine that just doesn't seem to get downloaded with XP installs I have made in the last 6 weeks or so.....

Still no fix for this problem, and I have only heard about it in posts here.....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.