Windows User profile corrupted - need to transfer settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to transfer my Mozilla Firefox internet settings over to a new profile because my current logon profile is corrupted. I've found the directions on how to do this for IE, but can't find it for Mozilla Firefox's browser...

Here's the directions I've found to do it for IE, but I get stuck on #2 because the toolbar for Mozilla is different. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Copy Files to the New User Profile
1. Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
2. In Windows Explorer, click Tools, click Folder Options, click the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders, click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click OK.
3. Locate the C:\Documents and Settings\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive on which Windows XP is installed, and Old_Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
4. Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:
• Ntuser.dat
• Ntuser.dat.log
• Ntuser.ini
5. On the Edit menu, click Copy.
6. Locate the C:\Documents and Settings\New_Username folder, where C is the drive on which Windows XP is installed, and New_Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
7. On the Edit menu, click Paste.
8. Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back