TechSpot

Windows Vista Backup - Its full! HelP!!

By Eddyj90
Sep 28, 2007
  1. I just got Presario C500, with Windows Vista Premium. Its wonderful. There is one thing I cannot get working properly, however.

W. Vista comes with the backup utility. My laptop backs everything up to the D drive, which is only around 8 gigabytes big. Already, I am out of space on the drive. How dO I remove eveything without hurting my computer???

Should I right-click, then format??

-Eddy
    Thanks for all the help!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

Get yourself a external 100GB+ USB drive and point Vista's backup utility to use it

3. Eddyj90

Eddyj90 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Those are, I am sure, much too expensive for my budget.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

So why are you here? If you search, the enclosures are relatively cheap, and if you can get your hand on a spare drive, 30,40,60 or 80GB your set. Just pay attention to type of hard drive (IDE, SATA) and size (notebook or desktop) drive. I use a external 100GB IDE notebook drive. The enclosure is about the size of a cigarette pack. The drive was $135 and the enclosure was $20.

You could get another IDE or SATA drive and install it a an additional storage drive. This option could cost under $60

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.