TechSpot

Windows Vista DVD misplaced need ISO download link

By haihai
Jun 19, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Guys my windows vista DVD has been misplaced during shifting of house. I need to reinstall Vista to my machine can anyone help me to share valid vista ISO link so that I can burn it on dvd.

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,657   +309

3. Cycloid Torus

4. haihai

haihai TS Rookie Topic Starter

5. haihai

6. Cycloid Torus

7. haihai

8. haihai

9. Cycloid Torus

There seemed to be 3 or 4 different download links in those two articles... Sorry it didn't work out. May not be any left... Perhaps you can pick up a used set of media on eBay.

10. haihai

could you please share me a link

11. Cycloid Torus

12. haihai

13. Cycloid Torus

If supplied as a digital download and still listed as a sale to you, it is likely they will allow a second download IF they still offer the product. I do not know how you got yours...

Please realize...Vista is OLD. There is little interest. Most folks move to Linux if they do not want to tag along into Windows 10. If you can borrow it, then you can copy it. The guy offering replacement media (ebay) has done just that - a 'copy service'.

Good luck reviving your machine!

14. haihai

I realize that well thanks for your kindness & help I will go for ebay

15. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,623   +377

The issue is as well that is with ISOs and the keys that work on them. E.g. a MSDN ISO won't accept a retail key so while I have access to plenty of Vista ISOs, I don't know if I have one you are looking for.

I'd vote for Win7 or Win10. If your machine is Vista age though, Win7 would probably be the best candidate wrt drivers.