TechSpot

Windows vista explorer and hibernation issues...

By litteraround
Jan 20, 2008
  1. I just bought a toshiba qosmio laptop like a month ago with Windows Vista Ultimate running on it. But already it is giving me nightmares.
    I have 3 major problems among others:
    1. Windows Explorer keeps crashing and restarts whenever i try to open control panel or my computer....???
    2.When i put the lappy in Sleep or Hibernation and try to wake it up after awhile, it gives me the finger and restarts on its own. i might as hell unplug the power cord and plug it again.
    3.The memory card reader doesn't pay me any heed when i put a card in it. it seemed to work fine for a few days but now...

Plz help because i have lost some important data in the past few days because of these schmuks at the microsoft, and if this continues i might have to go in for therapy or something.
    plz...i am desperate. thanx.

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,374   +167

If you just bought it a few months ago, aren't you still covered for Toshiba support? Have you tried calling them yet?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.