Windows Vista freezes between 1-5 minutes after logging on

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJoeyy

I'm not sure if this is a virus or not. I log on and no matter what I do, opening loads of programs or nothing at all, it will just freeze up and I can do nothing but hardboot it.

My system spec; (Desktop)

OS; Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
Processor; Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz 3.16GHz
Memory (RAM); 4.00 GB
Memory (Harddrive): 2 x 500GB Serial ATA harddrives
Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 9600 PCI Express

I'm currently on my laptop which is 32bit vista home premium. Which is where i'll keep checking back to this topic. I can run my desktop in Safe Mode with Networking. But can barely do anything on the desktop because of being in safe mode. When booting in normal mode, there are no icons or processes that I don't recognise, I check everytime I log in and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Windows offers me no explanation as to why it freezes, everything seems perfectly normal then it just freezes up. You can see exactly what you were doing, you can see the mouse cursor, but it doesn't move when you move the mouse, the keyboard doesn't do anything. Quite literally all I can do is turn the computer off using the switch on the back, hold down the power button or pull the power cable out. There's nothing else it will respond to.

Can anyone offer any help on this please? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Joey, please copy your information and paste it into a new thread in the Windows OS forum.

The forum is for malware cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back