Windows Vista stuck on start-up black screen help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an iBuyPower CZ-7 Ultra (random I know) with an intel core 2 duo processor, 512mb nvidia 8600gt vc, 2gb ddr2-667 ram, and 120GB 5400 rpm S-ATA HDD. I was working on my laptop the other night and it locked up on me so I restarted it and I cannot get past the first screen. It is completely black and has an intel logo in the bottom right with options to run setup, boot menu, or show post screen. When I try to execute these options nothing happens, it is frozen. This computer is barely 10 days old and I have no idea why it would be acting up now. I had not done anything to my laptop in the recent days before this failure. Any help or explanations would be most appreciated.

Start-up black screen

larko12 said:
I have an iBuyPower CZ-7 Ultra (random I know) with an intel core 2 duo processor, 512mb nvidia 8600gt vc, 2gb ddr2-667 ram, and 120GB 5400 rpm S-ATA HDD. I was working on my laptop the other night and it locked up on me so I restarted it and I cannot get past the first screen. It is completely black and has an intel logo in the bottom right with options to run setup, boot menu, or show post screen. When I try to execute these options nothing happens, it is frozen. This computer is barely 10 days old and I have no idea why it would be acting up now. I had not done anything to my laptop in the recent days before this failure. Any help or explanations would be most appreciated.

I'm having the same problem. My laptop is just a month old. Last night It froze on me and wouldn't allow me to restart by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete or from the start menu. In the end I had to shut it down manually as it wouldn't do it a from the start menu. When I started it up today the screen went black. I can see the cursor on screen but that is it. Anyone out there whit any tips please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back