Windows Vista Themes are gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrederikNeertof

Hello everyone.

I don't know why I am first bringing this up by now, but a couple of months ago I installed a program called Vista Manager.
This program allows you to tweak windows vista in several ways.
I used it to change some settings so my vista would do more performance, but on the visual it would look worse. Since then, I have not been able to change my themes.
The only choice available is the windows classic theme. Is there any way to restore my old vista themes, like the black one I had when I first installed vista?

By the way, I am using Vista Home Basic on a laptop, if that should be any help.

Thanks in forward.

Best Regards, Fred

Wow...weird, none and three bumps, i'll make it four :p. At least you have 54 views!

I used it to change some settings so my vista would do more performance, but on the visual it would look worse. Since then, I have not been able to change my themes.
Maybe turn it back to visually appealing?

Hey mate and thanks for your reply.

Yes, you see, I tried that already, and with no luck. I think that when the program turns the visual settings down it must delete a theme file or something, cause the original vista themes are totally gone when I try to change them. They're not even in the list. That's the weird part :p

Uploaded some screenshots. I apologize for the vista being on danish.
http://img200.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screenshot1yih.jpg

It seems like the aero file is still in windows/recourses/themes folder. Try to take a look at the screenshot with the error (Screenshot3). There I tried to open the aero file and got the following error:
This theme could not be read because the theme manager is not running.

Now, I actually remember having this problem before. I remember going to control panel / administration / then the services tab. I can see that there's a service called Themes, although it is not started. I tried starting it - and now it works!! woohoo. However, when I restart my computer the old theme is on again. So I have to go to the services tab and open the themes service everytime. Any suggestions on how to make it permanent? Thanks!

Um...on XP I thought you could disable or enable autrorun of the themes services, it should be the same on vista, but I don't really remember. Why would it be off O.o.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back