TechSpot

Windows VistaBootPro

By DW49
Mar 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,
    I recently bought a new notebook computer that came with vista home premium pre-installed. I originally had vista ultimate edition installed on my desktop computer, on a separate hard drive (D) . It was only the 'evaluation version anyway, and was going to expire in june 2007 anyway. I had the latest version of vistabootpro installed on both hard drives on my computer,
    (C) & (D) . On the D drive where vista was installed, I first had the software remove / disable the vista bootloader. I then moved the files that I wanted to save that were contained on the (D) drive to the (C) drive. Then I formatted the (D) drive. Now when I bootup the computer, my 'original' os starts ok, but before it does I see the gray bar @ the bottom of the screen like I've seen before in a dual boot system. Is there any way to keep the bar from appearing ?
    Thanks,
    David :knock:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.