Windows wireless internet repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

munch2477

Every time I try and repair my wireless internet connection for windows I get stopped at "clearing the DNS cache." It says that it was unable to clear the DNS cache. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

First, try to flush the DNS cache from Command: ipconfig /flushdns.

But the problem is likely in the other computer... especially if you are a gamer.
Games will create this problem. Run 'ipconfig /all' on the other machine to see if it has an address like 192.168.1.x where x will be a value from 2-254.

You should see the 192.168.1.1 address, use ipconfig /all to verify that. Ping the the other computer's address from each computer, using: "ping 192.168.1.x" where x is the address of the other computer.

That will get you started...

When you try to run "repair" against the computer sharing the connection, you might not find too much to repair, because that computer should have a fixed IP address. What the "repair" command does usually is disable the network interface, re-enable it, then attempt to connect to the network and obtain an address. If you have a fixed IP address, then 'repair' would not do all that much.

This is nearly rocket science, when you are dealing with network stuff, and some time from a good network whiz might be the best thing to do... or get a good networking book from the library. it takes a 500 page book to discuss all you need to know. A tech can resolve it in 15 minutes, and charge you as though he spent an hour.

Could also be your firewall

Disable "Monitor DNS requests" if you have that as an advanced option through your firewall security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back