Windows won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a windows boot problem, I just built another new computer, this is my second one ever...i'm having a load problem for windows. It's a newly formatted HD with no driver for old motherboards of anything. Windows just won't load. It's going to the screen to choose how you want to load windows, however it just restarts every time. i'v tried 2 differend HD's in it, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Everything looks to be hooked up right. I installed a new mobo cpu and ram with my old harddrive. the computer starts no problem then I get a screen,
It basically asks me to open windows in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration or normally. I have tried all of them and all my computer does is run with white lines horizontally at the bottom of this message and then gives me a blue screen with an error. I tried inserting the cd for windows XP in and nothing! I tried using only one hard drive the master in all its diferent configurations (slave, master, etc) and nothing.
What do I have to do?
Also it starts running these messages with multi (0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)windowssystem32... HELP!!!!!. The setup is:

AMD Athlon 64 3700
Asus A8n-SLI Deluxe
GeForce 6800GS 256 MB
Maxtor 80GB HD
Corsair 1GB Memory

Also tried a Samsung 80GB HD

Hi,

sounds like a memory (RAM) error to me, from experience. Run a memory test (memtest86 - the url is around this forum everywhere!).

Good luck :)

If you are saying this is a fresh install of windows on a formatted drive then make sure you have no peripherals connected ie. usb devices just have keyboard and mouse nothing else and try. I had a usb card reader connected on one of my m8s and it wldnt load just kept rebooting. Just a thought hope this helps. Regards

got it fixed thx for help guys...my dvd-rom and cd-rw were set to cable select instead of primary/secondary which is why my win cd wouldn't load, once that was fixed i was able to format and get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back