Windows - Wrong Volume ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mke

Hi there, ok basically my problem is very simple but very very annoying. it seems that somehow the system or some utility has locked into place and needs to have a dvd always inserted in the dvd drive otherwise when i open My Computer i get the message error "Windows - Wrong Volume: The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume named MuscApps into drive H:".
This happens only when i open the my computer and the system explorer displays the disks and all other media. this error message has 3 options, cancel, try again and continue. whatever i click it pops back up this annoying message.
cause i have named quite a few dvds with the same name, no matter which one i insert it stops complaining as if the right media is in, altough it is a different same named with other stuff in.
I have checked my task manager and everything seems right, also msconfig all services and everything is right. what could it be that every time i open my computer to show this annoying little window.

Please help a frustrated annoyed user with this stupid prob.

thanks

Try putting one of the "MuscApps" DVDs into the drive,then right clicking on
the drive in My Computer,and selecting "Eject...".

It could be that you pushed the eject button on the DVD drive,without ejecting it via the software route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back