Windows XP 32-bit, restarting automatically

Pink

Thing is, it doesn`t shut down, it closes all programs, gives me the shutdown jingle, and shuts down, and if i authorized it.

The only error i find in my event viewer is this:

Source: Service Control Manager

Event ID: 7023

The Network Location Awareness (NLA) service terminated with the following error:
The specified procedure could not be found.

Help!

RE:Windows XP 32bit, restarting automatically

no peripherals should be connected, go to device manager and disable few of the items like those under imaging devices, Display adapter and also try to restart the computer in safe mode even before you do this...

Display adapter? i doubt that`s the problem, especially since it`s not connected to the NLA service.

Other symptoms are: there`s this constant bubble like sound all the time, with about 30 seconds intervals between them. and the computer gets hung up at the windows is shutting down screen

RE:Windows XP 32bit, restarting automatically

why not try to rstrt in safe mode and check if it does the same thing....or call up the number mentioned...

yeah!!! i just did restart in safe mode, it restarted fine. and that bubble sound? constant Windows Update notifications... i turned that off, now i`m safe in that area. So scratch one symptom out.

Back