Windows XP 32-bit with AMD Phenom II X6 Processor?

This is more of a hypothetical question;
How well will Windows XP 32-bit run on :

Motherboard -
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX

Ram
12GB

Basically I want to upgrade my Desktop PC, but the issue is that it is also my work PC and need to run Windows XP 32-bit in order to run my work applications.
The system would be a dual boot with Window 7 64bit.

Wondering if it will have any major issues?

I don't really see the point in that much hardware for only a 32bit OS. It's only going to see a fraction of the RAM you are looking to get. If you absolutely *must* have the 32bit OS, consider getting the Ultimate version of Windows 7 64 bit. I believe that there is an add on VM that you can run Windows XP in, so you can just use that and still be able to take advantage of the superior specs with the 64 bit OS.

You already have Windows 7? Which version?

Just run Windows XP in a Virtual Machine. I must have overlooked the Dual-boot comment - but it's probably easier to just run the VM than a dual boot system anyway. Then you can access it from your normal windows session without going through a lot of fuss.

Windows 7 Ultimate.

I tryed running my Virtual Desktop on the Windows XP in a Virtual Machine. It cause all sort of lock up within my desktop. So I have to run on XP not a virtual Machine.
I have two separate hard drives one for XP and one for 7 any ways.

Back