Windows XP Admin Password reset help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new here. Found the forums via searching for my problem. Yes, I know it's listed on the forums several times, but none of those solutions fix my problem.

All I need to do is reset the admin password on my computer. I only have a limited access account. I have tried every available program on the net. None of the linux based ones will see my hard drive, even with the correct drivers. The hash getting ones say the password is too secure to unscramble.

I do not have access to another machine, nor can I use my burner because i dont have access according to windows (limited account). So some of them I can't use because I can't make a bootable CD. However, I did get a friend to make me 3 of them, including the emergency boot disk and it crashes near the beginning with some kind of resource conflict.

Is there any other way short of formatting? I really don't want to have to do that. I also don't have any Windows XP cd's. Perhaps I can get ahold of one. I know I can install xp in another dir and logon to that install via recovery console to replace the sam file with the one from the repair dir. I just don't have access to a windows XP cd at the moment. Was hoping there was something I haven't tried yet.

If there is any way anyone knows of to change a limited account to admin status that would work also. That is really all I want to do, give myself admin on my own computer. It used to be that way but a trojan or virus or something changed my admin password and made my account limited.

any ideas? thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back