Windows xp appearance gone???

By tomrca
Sep 7, 2005
  1. I seemed to have lost my xp appearance.
    I have been through the normal routine to change theme and appearances etc, but its not there and i haven't deleted it, its not in the list only classic and standard.
    coould anyone tell me where it may have gone and how to recover it. [got no recovery disc]
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Have you tried to use XP's System Restore feature?
  3. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,000

yes i did try recovery but all prior dates were gone, in addition to this i haved discovered that i have lost sound although i have re-installed audio drivers. it gets worse, in device manager it is completely empty. now i am afraid to look what else is missing. this went wrong when my norton crashed out on me. i know its a p.o.s but ive nowt else for internet security. i am assuming that when it crashed it took the stuff with it
  4. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,000

windows media won't play, and other progs are tellying me that there are no adiio devices and i also got one say no chipset
  5. jackietr33horn

jackietr33horn TS Rookie

Did you find a solution to this problem (or the reason for it)?

I seem to be having a similar problem - my system has lost the XP appearance setting and I don't seem to have audio.

In addition, I have lost my previously installed printers and can't seem to uninstall or install printers or applications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance...
  6. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi jackietr33horn,

Instead of replying to a thread with last reply made in 2005
    You are best to create your own thread just for you :)

You can learn how to create a new thread here:

How to post a New Thread

Note: This helpful thread provided in the Introduce yourself forum
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.