WIndows XP Crash (BCCode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my maching is running xp and it just cuts out and restarts outta nowhere. i then get this error code when i startup. anyone in the forum know how to fix the pc without reinstalling the op sys?

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E1AD8000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 804FB2DD
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Any difference in Safe Mode?

What you posted is known as a Bug Check Code (BCCode) and can be anything from a bad driver, to a bad hardware components, to an infestation. It can be difficult to find or sort out.

First thing to do is to to the website of the computer manufacturer or the motherboard manufacturer, and check for new drivers issues since the probably date of manufacturer of the computer. Replace anything that is fairly recent. Then suspect video graphics drivers, and replace what you have... if yours is new, try an older version.

Then blame memory, video graphics card, loose connections, etc. Remove and reseat everything... including all cables.

You can try to run a HiJackThis to see if it is an infestation, then post the results here for the pros to examine. They can usually tell if it is an infestation.

Also, download an run, if you can, Memtest86, but it may not run long enough to do that.

What antivirus program are you running? What antispyware?

Look at your cpu fan and heat sink to assure you have enough thermal past, and that your fan is running fast enough.

I've noticed that I dont seem to hear the fan at all anymore, even when its pretty warm in the room. I think this is likely a hardware issue rather than software. I'm running Spyware Terminator. The PC is about 8 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back