Windows XP crashing, Gives BSOD and dumps Minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.

girishrane

Hi,
My Harddisk that came with HP notebook was crashed . The shop nearby replaced Hard Disk (Toshiba) and charged me 170 $. Now I'm getting these Blue screens. I went back yo the guy he says no probs with Hard Disk, Its motherboard that is faulty. Well If it was then it should have given blue screens earlier as well right? I formatted the whole disk and Installed clean Windows XP again. But It still gives me Blue screen(win32k.sys).
Can anyone please figure out what could be the reason from dump files?

Thanks
Girish

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

2 of your three minidumps crash with memory corruption.

Looks like you`ve got a ram problem.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks Howard,
Didn want to take a risk and open the laptop all the way so I went for memtest86+ and its passed few times (3-4) . My drive is new & just replaced and tested few times so didnt really perform IBM-Hitachi test for toshiba drive. Chkdsk gives me 100 % clear results.

So now what could be the problem.... I'm suspecting IDE controllers ..... any possibilities that I might be right? how to test tHIS controller stuff?

Thanks a lot
Girish

I`ve just looked at your minidumps again.

2 crash with memory corruption, and have bugchecks of 77, and 8E respectivly.

0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Your other minidump crashes at win32k.sys, and also has a bugcheck of 8E.

I still think you may have a ram problem. Please be aware that some ram can pass Memtest86+. You should also let Memtest run for at least seven passes.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks Howard for fast reply..
But I'm facing little problem here ..... when I do memtest , It goes auto reboot after 3 or 4 passes .... dunno why...

Thanks a lot

I`m just wondering if the reason your Memtest fails with a reboot after a while is your laptop is overheating. Do you have a smart fan contoller? if so try disabling it when you run the Memtest programme, so that the fan is running at full speed.

Regards Howard :)

Now that`s where you`ve got me. I just thought that if you did have a smart fan controller, you`d know how to make it so your fan runs at full speed.

I`m sorry, but I guess I`m not helping much am I?

There`s obviously something not right with your laptop. If it was a pc I`d have no hesitation in saying open it up and do this, and try that etc. Unfortunately it`s not, and my knowledge of laptop hardware is limited to say the least.

Maybe you should take the laptop back to the shop, and see what they say. I doubt it`s a mobo problem, but then you never know.

Regards Howard :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back