Windows XP drivers for HP Pavillion dv6205us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find Windows XP drivers for the HP Pavillion dv6205? I need the SM bus controller driver, Video Controller, and the Ethernet Controller. Any guidance would be greatly appretiated....

Thanks

Justin

Justin,

Just out of curiosity, do you need the XP drivers because you wiped Vista off and you are reloading with XP? The reason I ask is because that is what I was planning on doing with a new HP DV6205. All the research I have done tells me that this thing is a dog with Vista and I already have a copy of XP. If thats what you are doing or you've had to reload XP from scratch, any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

-Andrew

Andrew,
Yes I wiped Vista off because it was doggin. I loaded XP on and it runs beautiful. I cant believe they sell this laptop with Vista and 512MB of memory ( It runs like S*ht). Anyway's I was able to find all the drivers after about an hours worth of work. Deathhawk, thanks for your reply but I think i've wrapped this dog up................Andrew, if you need help I can pass along the driver info to you..Let me know.

Justin

Sounds great! I've been doing some more reading on the board and looks like everyone that has made the switch found it to work great. I haven't bought the computer yet (I was out shopping today) but knowing that I can get XP to work, I may just go ahead and get the HP. I found another thread with a lot of info on the drivers, but will let you know if I encounter any problems. Thanks!

-Andrew

Hey, I loaded up WinXP on my 6205 also, however, I cannot get rid of the SM device error. Also, I cannot get sound on at all. What drivers did you use? I have looked for a while now, and still cannot locate anything. Thanks!

driver help reqd

Hi ,
I just bought my new dv6205 and managed to install windwos xp on it. BUt i am facing driver trouble with ethernet drivers. I downloaded one utility which told me that ethernet card was intel pro 100/1000 ....but how do i get these drivers ?

please help.

Regards

Rajat

You can Download them here:
4shared.com/dir/4121776/421fcc47/AUDIOCARD_READERFAX_MODEMTOUCH_PAD_WIRELESSTV_TUNER.html

4shared.com/dir/4121667/2dc1a7a7/CHIPSETNETWORKQUICK_LAUNCH.html

I Have All Xp Drivers For Xp Email Me

justinandnova said:
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find Windows XP drivers for the HP Pavillion dv6205? I need the SM bus controller driver, Video Controller, and the Ethernet Controller. Any guidance would be greatly appretiated....

Thanks

Justin
I CAN HELP I HAVE ALL DRIVERS NEEDED FOR EMAIL ME AT LOOK AT HP SITE UNDER MODEL 6000T DRIVERS IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO FIND THEM ALL

Hi,
all i have a HP Dv6330EA i got all the drivers xcept Nvidia 7400 Geforce card and the ethernet card if u guys can help me wit this will be gr8
i have installed XP but there is no sound as well
so please help me out Thank You

Hi Nomiq

Ethernet drivers are Intel Pro/1000 PL Network Connection (from Intel site) for wired,
Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG, (also from Intel site) for...er....wireless (the clue's in the title)

GeForce 7400 are standard nVidia 'ForceWare' drivers (from nVidia site)

Audio is Connexant High Definition Audio.

Hope this helps.

PS I'd LOVE to get my SM Bus controller working....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back