Windows XP Error, Wont Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshiba Satellite 1405-s105 running windows xp sp 1. Whenever I turn my laptop on, I get an error message saying that some files are missing or corrupted and it says the file is name "Windows\system32\config\system\" I decided to just reformat my harddrive with the Toshiba recovery disk, so upon reboot I hold the C button to boot the cdrom first. I select to erase all data and reformat but my computer just shuts off and reboots back to the same recovery screen. WHAT IS WRONG???

I think it might be a hardrive problem. If so, what kind of harddrive should I be looking for to replace ??? The specs on my current hard drive are as follows:

30GB hard disk drives; Enhanced IDE (ATA-5); 9.7mm height, 0.2 lbs, 14.3ms average acces time (read/write), 3ms track to track seek time (read/write), supports PIO mode4, Ultra DMA mode5, Multiword DMA mode2, service removable

IF ANYONE CAN HELP, ill give you a GMAIL ACCOUNT!! HAHA

Are you doing a [quick] NTFS Format or FAT32.. maybe go for quick if you havent tried it yet.. Try repairing it first, if it doesnt shut off repair it. then do a clean sweep next time around.. Also make sure your fan is running.. Hardware failure could cause ur comp to restart evertime too.. by getting to hot. **70 Cel** i think is the shut down Point on most computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back