Windows XP Freezes at black logo loading screen!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just drivewashed my s-ata wd harddrive 3 passes,and got to installing the controllers to the harddrive s-ata which was fasttrak100 lite windows xp driver and the promist fasttrak etc.. controller,it goes on to say install windows xp professional when i have the disk already in there...the whole windows installation reaches partitioning the hard drive,then it asks one more time for the hard drive controller driver off the floppy,so i insert that it installs more....then it says "computer will now restart,take floppy out"...but when the computer restarts this time,it goes into the normal windows loading black screen with the blue dots moving left to right at the bottom center,then suddenly it just freezes..ive tried reinstalling windows but i have no clue whats going on. :confused:

.........ive got the sata hard disk drive at least detected now.but does a hard disk drive have to be on PRimary ide???or will it work off of any?especially when installing windows?please help

If its a serial ata hard drive you should not need to set any jumpers. are you running another drive with this system or just the 1? If you have another drive, you must go into the BIOS and set the drive boot priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back