Windows XP Hibernation fails with 3gigs RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogityboo04

I just bought two extra gigs of RAM for my Windows XP Professional box and it now refuses to hibernate about every other time I try it. I receive an Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the API. error message. Does anybody know how to fix this? I tried the kb909095 hotfix which is supposed to correct this, but when I run the installer it tells me that all my ntkrnl.exe and related files are "invalid". It claims that they are version 5.1.2600.3093, and the hotfix claims to update them to a lower version 5.1.2600.2774.

Why isn't this working? Isn't this a pretty widespread problem? How can I fix it?

First of all...

What is your old memory specification? ( Manufacturer, Latency, Voltage and Data Speed)

What is your new memory specification? ( Same as above)

In most case, you should not mix the memory speed and / or latency. They causes the errors. Mixing the manufacturer never hurts.

Also did you run the MemTest86 ?

I don't think my issue is a memory problem. Memtest runs clear and the memory is the same speed. What I am experiencing is a known bug shown here.

My issue is that the hotfix claims my ntkrnl.exe and other ntos related files are "invalid". I can't get the hotfix to install at all because it thinks that my current ntkrnl.exe is a newer version than what it is supposed to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back