windows xp install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie techie

hi guys,

im new to this place but have heard good things so i was hoping some1 cud help me out.
basically im trying to install windows xp pro on my pc but it keeps freezing at the initial blue screen stage just before i am supposed to hit F8 to agree with the term & cons. i get the windows is starting setup in the bottom left of the screen but thats where it stops.

any ideas?

First, Welcome to TechSpot :D
Secondly, I understood that you didn't reach the step where installation prompts you to restart the PC.

I guess you also haven't reached this step -->
continuinginstallation7bg.gif

There's one of two possibilities for this:
1. Either your XP installation CD is corrupt (this can be verfied if one of your friends used it before you and installation completed successfully)
or,
2. There's some problem with a hardware device connected to your PC, and this can be handled with by removing or disconnecting un-important hardware, like any PCI device, modem, if there're HDDs other than the one you gonna install xp on, remove it till installation continues.

thanks for the reply but im not even getting this far. im not even getting to the part where i can chose the typr of installiation and set the drive size and partiotins. its a fresh copy of xp i am using. i guess ill try a diferent hard drive and see if that helps.

Default your BIOS [of course set up the boot order correctly] and then completely wipe your drive with the Western Digital tool [of course get this first].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back