Windows XP Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neddles47

I have just gone through the process of reformatting my whole hard drive and now need to reinstall my operating system Windows XP

i heard that i am unable to use somebody elses windows xp cd to install it onto my computer because the cd will only work on one computer

will i be able to call my computer company and get a copy of xp since my computer came with it or do i have to purchase a whole new XP cd?

You can only use each serial one time. As you have formatted then getting the key back is now impossible.

I'm guessing you have already checked this, but if you can find your window's sticker (It's usually glued to your case somwhere.) Then you can use any xp disk (As long as it's the same version.) And just use your own serial.

Failing that, it looks like you will need to buy a new key. As i don't think your computer company would give you a new key.
If you are looking to buy one, then i do have a genuine windows HOME key (XP) that i can sell you. PM me if your intrested in that.

Regards,
Magic

Yeah found you sticker, it will on the casing of your computer.

If you don't find it then you will need to buy a new one or download the OEM Version of XP Pro thus you don't need to activate it after and there is a lot of serial that is accepted for that.(This is not hacking, it is a version that Microsoft release and that he gave to download on his own site but now it is no more there but you can found it by searching on some forum or other site.)

ok so i found the sticker now i get any old xp cd and when it comes to the option enter in my code from the sticker

That Should Work

You will need the same kind of XP as the sticker is for, such as is it Home or Pro and is it retail or OEM?
If it is OEM you can normally get a restore CD from the manufacturer for shipping and handling costs or a little more. Check out there web page.
If it is retail then you can borrow someones as you aren't going to use their key but yours.

after hours of attempts i got through to acer and got a recovery disc and just have to wait for that thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back