Windows Xp - Installation - Bootable Disk - Omg Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokaboy

hi this is really annoying me and i need help.

i have downloaded windows XP home edition (dont worry i have a valid license i just lost the cd and cannot find it) so what i cant do is put it onto cd that will boot from a EMPTY hdd. I have nero and tryed bootable disk BUT it says DrDosbootimage.IMG is not found or summink im really not sure, ne way there must be another program (OH AND I HAVE NO FLOPPY DRIVE) otherwise im sure i would be done by now.

1)have files unzipped in folder
2)have nero
3)want to create bootable disk with windows files on
4)cant do it nero error
5)no floppy drive
6)have lisence

If it's an ISO it should be bootable? Just burn from disk image file and point it to the iso file. If you extract all the files and then burn it will end up not being bootable.

its not an ISO its just normal files it came as zip file, i unzipped it and put it in its own folder. wat do i do?

You either need to make a bootable cd or download the utility to make the 6 boot floppies for XP. You should be able to get the bootfiles here. Do it the way you did before but point nero to the bootfiles you just downloaded. Instructions on the page I linked to above.
You can download the bootdisk utility from here or go to bootdisk.com and download the images.

You do realize that if the version you just downloaded doesn't match what you had your product code won't work. I don't think you can use an OEM code on a retail version and vice versa. Same thing probably applies for an upgrade version versus a full version.

if you have a valid CD key and the COA you can get a replacement disk by calling MS.

but the coa i got from a computer that i bought from PC WORLD in uk, it came with compaq recovery cds (5 of em) i lost 1 and formatted :/ thats y i downloaded, i just wrote the disk and it boots :) all i gotta do now is install u rekon it will work with this COA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back