TechSpot

Windows xp is running slow, please help

By adu123
Dec 25, 2007
  1. I've reformatted my xp a month ago with the restore discs which I ordered from hp.com, it didn't had any problems until recently it became really slow, especially when I try to connect to the internet, it took about a minute to fully load the page. I didn't install any anti-virus software or anti-spyware software just until yesterday. I think my computer is possibly infected, I've posed the HighJackThis log. Thank you

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

Please read this thread If your system is infected, read this before deciding whether to Clean or Format.

If you decide to clean your system, follow these instructions Virus/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments to a new reply in this thread as well as the result of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of adu123 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. adu123

adu123 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 278

I've posed the requested logs, Panda Anti-rootkit found nothing.

4. Daveskater

I can't see anything bad in your HJT log and AVG AS cleaned all the things that it found.

If your PC is still running slow, we have this Tutorial: How to speed up your Windows for free

This thread is for the use of adu123 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

5. adu123

I don't mean to be rude, but where is momok? Can he take a look at my log files

6. Daveskater

momok usually comes on and offline throughout the day, if you wanted him to take a look at this thread, the best thing to do would be to PM him :)

7. adu123

I'm sorry, but what does PM mean?

8. adu123

Can anyone take a look at the log files for me? I really think that my window xp is infected. thank you

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.