Windows xp is running slow, please help

By adu123
Dec 25, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've reformatted my xp a month ago with the restore discs which I ordered from hp.com, it didn't had any problems until recently it became really slow, especially when I try to connect to the internet, it took about a minute to fully load the page. I didn't install any anti-virus software or anti-spyware software just until yesterday. I think my computer is possibly infected, I've posed the HighJackThis log. Thank you
  2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

Please read this thread If your system is infected, read this before deciding whether to Clean or Format.

If you decide to clean your system, follow these instructions Virus/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments to a new reply in this thread as well as the result of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of adu123 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  3. adu123

adu123 TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 301

I've posed the requested logs, Panda Anti-rootkit found nothing.
  4. Daveskater

I can't see anything bad in your HJT log and AVG AS cleaned all the things that it found.

If your PC is still running slow, we have this Tutorial: How to speed up your Windows for free

This thread is for the use of adu123 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  5. adu123

I don't mean to be rude, but where is momok? Can he take a look at my log files
  6. Daveskater

momok usually comes on and offline throughout the day, if you wanted him to take a look at this thread, the best thing to do would be to PM him :)

7. adu123

I'm sorry, but what does PM mean?
  8. adu123

Can anyone take a look at the log files for me? I really think that my window xp is infected. thank you
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.