Windows XP Login Problem - HELPPPPPP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a pc with XP Corporate edition from a friend who's company out of business. The boots with no prob until it gets to the corporate login screen & I can't login. Does anyone no how to remove this login box so it just goes straight to the desktop?

I have a IBM Thinkpad. If you need more info please let me know.

kay

Ummm... if you received the PC w/operating system from your friend and his ex-company... shouldn't he be able to tell you how to login to a PC requiring his ex-company's login info?

Administrator

You should ask your friend for the Administrative information. If you have this, then you will be able to rid all of the passwords from the profiles and delete them. (If this company was smart, they would have wiped all of their computers before giving them away, but.....)

Also, the administrator will give you more control.

Just my two cents.

Hope your friend has this info!!

Ciao,
Patchfp86

LookinAround said:
Ummm... if you received the PC w/operating system from your friend and his ex-company... shouldn't he be able to tell you how to login to a PC requiring his ex-company's login info?

I tried the info given (which was his)to login but that didn't work. I think that persons profile should have been on the pc in order for me to login. He doesn't have the direct contact for anyone who had worked in the IT dept.

patchfp86 said:
You should ask your friend for the Administrative information. If you have this, then you will be able to rid all of the passwords from the profiles and delete them. (If this company was smart, they would have wiped all of their computers before giving them away, but.....)

Also, the administrator will give you more control.

Just my two cents.

Hope your friend has this info!!

Ciao,
Patchfp86

I know right...i guess all companies aren't too smart or at least some of the people who work in the IT dept.

Shouldn't I be able to turn the passwords off in the System setup/bios area? There is an option but every time i change the info & save it, pc reboots brings me right back to the same login page. I will go back into the bios & its back to what it was before I saved it.

Removing the battery might work, so follow that advice.

If that doesn't work, then reformating might not be a bad option. I don 't now if you have a fresh copy of windows or of whatever OS you prefer to use, but it may help, too, to just do a fresh install and have no remains of the company info left.

Whatever you want to do. The battery thing is easier though.

-Patchfp86

when the system is starting up press f10 and start in safe mode if they havent put an admin password on the bios then this should take you to desktop from there go to start-control panel-user accounts and from there you can change the admin account name without needing their passwords. you can also delete the other user accounts on the system as well.

sorry its f8 you press not f10

you can also try entering user id at login screen as "administrator" and password blank. hit enter. if it logins then ok. if there is welcome screen press alt+ctrl+del 2 times and then enter. after login in, goto start>run type "control userpasswords2". from there you can reset any account's password widout knowing the original password.
think this will help you. :)

and if doesnt login by above...then try wat pc techguy has advised.

BlameCanada said:
Try removing the CMOS battery for a while.

Thats was the first thing I did when I realized the password was on there & that didn't work.

pc techguy said:
when the system is starting up press f10 and start in safe mode if they havent put an admin password on the bios then this should take you to desktop from there go to start-control panel-user accounts and from there you can change the admin account name without needing their passwords. you can also delete the other user accounts on the system as well.

Thanks good tip but there was a darn password on there also.

thehacker said:
you can also try entering user id at login screen as "administrator" and password blank. hit enter. if it logins then ok. if there is welcome screen press alt+ctrl+del 2 times and then enter. after login in, goto start>run type "control userpasswords2". from there you can reset any account's password widout knowing the original password.
think this will help you. :)

Thanks...I tried your tip also but it has a notice that comes after you press ctrl+alt+del & it required a password for administrator.

Thank you for all your help but it looks like I will have purchase an OS & format the HD. If you have any more suggestions, plase post them....I'l try anything b4 I purchase an OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back