Windows XP media center reinstall continuous failures to re-boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, I am stuck in Iraq with the following issues, I have an HP Pavillion DV8380 running XP 2005 Media Center Edition. I began getting failures after my system went into Hibernation and was re-activated. I ran Checkdisk and got #1-07 and #2-07 failures. I did a destructive re-install of the OS and it worked for about a week and then failed to restart again. HP rep suggested replacement of the HDD as he believed total failure. I have a dual drive system so I bought 2 new drives and 2 new RAM of 2 gigs a piece to replace the old 1 gig sticks. I get the following code errors with the new drives. NV4-mini.sys, PAGE-FAULT-IN-NONPAGED-AREA. I also get multiple stop code failures. The following are 2 samples;
stop: 0x00000050 (0xFF9D900C, 0x00000000, Oxbaa73636, 0x00000000) AND STOP: 0x0000007b, (0xf9e53524, 0x0000034, 0X00000000, 0x00000000) the system boots, then BSOD. I put the old drive back in, the old RAM back in re-installed windows from the recovery CD sent by HP and it did re-launch windows and then shut down. I have re-set BIOS to default settings same result. Upon F-8 launch screen the screen is covered in random $ signs which go away in the restore screen or the windows screen but are there at initial launch. Any help would be greatly appreciated this is my lifeline to the real world.

That sounds more like a motherboard failure. Do you happen to have an Nvidia GPU? They are also having a high failure rate.

Not a Motherboard error... you have driver errors... Do a Google search of that gobbledy **** you have posted...
Remove that stuff... reformat. Start over with a new boot and install, and let it run its course for a full install... Do not interfere until done, then be sure you are downloading the correct drivers for the Media Center Edition, not the regular edition.
Same mistake most make. Clean it up, and you will be fine.

Total Failure

It appears it is either the MotherBoard or the Nvidia failure. HP is having me ship it back for service. I put in 2 brand new drives, new ram sticks and used the recovery disc's from HP to no avail, loads but will not boot. Strange lines on the screen but go away in the recovery process. Having a new computer sent over to get me through the deployment. It is nearly a 5 year old system so I got my use out of it, I will get it repaired and let the Wife use it. Thanks for the advice to all.....

In the little area where we live, five HP's have been shipped back... Two resulted in totally different machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back