Windows XP (Modem Tweaking and Bugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFF-Zidane

My Email
Okay. I really need some help. When I purchased Windows XP, I got home installed it... and foud i couldn't use my DVD drive or my internal Zip Disk. So I downloaded the patches and again i tryed my zip and dvd. I found that I downloaded the patches in vain. Can Anyone help me with this problem?

Also, I tend to get banned from games on battle.net because of my modem lag... could someone please help me find out how to tweak it with Windows XP?

Just to toss this in, I pray you are not using a winmodem, if so throw that piece of trash away and get at least a hardware modem, and if you can, get yourself an external 56k v.92 modem. If you can't get broadband, you won't be dissapointed if switching from winmodem to external. And even if you do have an internal that is hardware, an external typically (AFAIC) has better performance anyways.

Hmm... Ya thnx... i happen to be using a winmodem =|. Well that kinda screws thing up. Hmm... How much is this "External" Cost me?

Internal hardware modems aren't too much, $20-35 I'd guess, externals not too much more then that.

A Diamond SupraExpress 56K Pro External is around £50, and is probably the best Modem you can buy for gaming. Ditch the WinModem as soon as possible as it uses huge amounts of CPU time.

Also, my tweaking program has a couple of tweaks to optimise Internet connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back