Windows XP Photo gallery - startup

By needhelp-again
Sep 1, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

Just recently, upon startup of my windows XP Pro program, I have been asked for a disk to install photogallery. I'm a bit confused because I have never been asked for this before and I'm not sure what to do.

Also, Just recently and during the same timeframe, when I open certain webpages, I am not able to see the backgrounds (colors and pictures) and the fonts are too bid.

I have tried changing the font size in the view toolbar, but I have not been successful at solving the problem.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.
  2. cubanb76

cubanb76 Newcomer, in training

I have the same problem with Photo Gallery on startup. Have you been able to resolve this yet?
  3. terrilinda

terrilinda Newcomer, in training

PhotoGallery

I typed word for word the actual message on a Google search and came up finally that it may be associated Hewlett-Packard photo program, and Windows Installer is trying to install it. Actually, I did not get the startup problem until I removed various programs from my computer.
  4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,352   +301

Using Spybot S&D, you can control the startups.
    Look for a Runonce entry and disable it

It is also possible do disable Runonce entries via the Registry.
  5. terrilinda

terrilinda Newcomer, in training

PhotoGallery

I disabled all HP startup programs. Start, Run, msconfig, Startup, then disable all HP startup programs. It's related to HP Image Zone. I am going to uninstall and reinstall HP 6200 all-in-one, then do the HP update. The update did not work fully last time, only 2 of 3 updates were completed. I will get back with my progress.
  6. kabeer123

kabeer123 Newcomer, in training

another solution

hi another solution is to run registry mechanic it will be in one of the problems found
  7. Onchu40

Onchu40 Newcomer, in training

Windows Photogallery

hello,

i haveing the same problem as well. When i power up my computer i have the windows photogallery installer come on looking for the disk. I actually use a different pic viwer. so how do i stop the installer from coming up.

Thanks
    onchu40
  8. Leonard Peck

Leonard Peck Newcomer, in training

Hi : I was having startup troubles with photo gallery too. I found that I have a all in one photo printer HP and it seem that it uses windows system . try using the disk that came with your printer, It has worked for me. no more startup with photo gallery popping up. What a pain !
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.