Windows XP Pro Guest Account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...I run XP Pro on a wireless network with four other people in my home...Pretty good security suite, firewalls, passworded computer...the usual...I also have a Belarc Advisor on my computer, which I really like...The thing is, in addition to telling me my own last log on and the time it occured, it also tells me a guest is logging on periodically...My guest account is disabled and so is remote assistance and remote access...still, like today...I logged on at 3:52PM and it showed me the guest had logged on yesterday at 5:17PM (there was absolutely no one sitting at my computer, but there were people here on theirs)...is there some benign explantation for that, or is somebody on my network logging into my computer as the guest from their own computer, or, worse than that, could it be someone from outside my own little network family...If it is someone on my network, or someone from outside, how do I prevent it from continuing and how, other than the Belarc Advisor, can I detect it? If it is someone on my network (of which I wish to remain a part) can I still be on the network and prevent intrusion from another computer on it? Thanks in advance for any help. This has been driving me crazy

I think that this could be an hacker. You could have malware on your computer.

Please read the following. Very Important: If your system is infected, read this before deciding whether to Clean or Format.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Jase :)

This thread is for the use of Melusine1963 only. Please do not post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread, Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back